Royal Enfield has announced an official partnership with Superior Motorcycle Experiences. This is a tripartite partnership between Superior Motorcycle Experiences, Royal Enfield, and Moto GB, who will be supporting with bikes, parts and participation in events.
Dorset based Superior Motorcycle Experiences (SME) is a new venture providing an exceptional choice of supervised off-road riding as well as escorted group tours both from its expedition base in the UK and from its satellite hub in the Spanish Pyrenees. Royal Enfield’s hit success, the Himalayan, will be at the heart of these adventures. With both companies sharing an ethos for providing riders with experiences that are authentic, fun and of exceptional quality, it makes for a natural and seamless partnership.
Accessibility is also key; a shared commitment by both Superior Motorcycle Experiences and Royal Enfield to bring the joy of motorcycling to all levels of rider, facilitated by the superb level of tuition and guiding provided by SME on board Royal Enfield’s Himalayan, a lightweight, rugged bike whose versatility means that is happy on all roads but really shines when off road.
SME places huge emphasis on attention to detail and will assess each rider for their ability and will tailor each lesson or ride to suit the individual. Groups will remain small in order to guarantee that each rider is able to fulfil their potential whether that be mastering the basics within the grounds of the riding school or exploring exceptional motorcycle locations and hidden backcountry trails.
The overnight experiences are fully catered with SME providing regular scenic refreshment stops, a support vehicle carrying spares, tools, waterproofs, refreshments, and any additional layers that guests may need, use of equipment and extremely comfortable accommodation.
Tours currently on offer include:
● Trail School: A one-day introduction to off-road motorcycling. This is set in the stunning Dorset scenery and offers guests an introduction into the skill, and access to an exciting network of varied landscapes and skillsets. With access to water crossings, steep climbs, rutted byways and mud and clay, these rides allow guests to build confidence across a diverse range of terrain. Price for one day is: £175.
● Trail Tour: For those more experienced in off-road riding looking to enhance their skillset or explore new areas. Two to four-day packages are tailored to provide a comfortable, incredibly fun and memorable off-road touring holiday. SME also operates female-only rides on select dates. Price for three days riding and three nights accommodation is: £985.
● Dorset Road Tour: An opportunity to sample some of the most stunning sweeping roads that snake across quintessential English countryside and the Dorset coastline. With luxury elements throughout, this is the ultimate motorcycling holiday for those with a taste for the finer things in life. Price for three days riding and three nights accommodation is: £985.
● Pyrenees Off Road Tour: Based in the picturesque Val D’Aran valley, Superior Motorcycle Experiences will take guests on a three to four-day tour encompassing some seriously photographic scenery on tracks and trails in the Spanish Pyrenees. Based at the luxury Eira ski lodge, this is a luxurious holiday in the mountains with a twist of radical adventure. Price for four days is: £1,195.
George Cheeseman, UK Country Manager – Royal Enfield, told Bikers Nod: “We are delighted to be welcoming Superior Motorcycle Experiences to the Royal Enfield partnership programme; we are always looking for partners who share our passion and enthusiasm for providing the whole motorcycling experience in its purest form. Royal Enfield doesn’t just produce motorcycles; we strive to offer our customers immersive experiences that involve all five senses – we call this “pure motorcycling” – and the Himalayan embodies this ethos perfectly.
“SME definitely shares our passion for providing quality experiences that are accessible, but above all, fun, and we look forward to sharing our enthusiasm with our customers. It’s also a perfect opportunity to really put the Himalayan through its paces and we hope this immersive test ride will tempt riders to ownership.”
- The team at Bikers Nod is keeping fingers doubly crossed that we will all be able to get out on our bikes once again in the not-too-distant future, and the new RE/SME partnership could be just the thing to look forward to!