Well, they say you are never too young to start, and with the practicality and versatility of electric power providing the perfect entry-level platform for the smallest of potential bikers. kids can revel in the excitement of power-assisted speed and the raw instincts of motorcycling thanks to the KTM Factory Replica Stacyc 12eDRIVE and 16eDRIVE electric balance bikes.
Any future rider can discover the basics of bars, wheels, torque and balance. They can emulate their Red Bull KTM Factory Racing heroes before developing to rip a track with the KTM SX-E 5 – an innovative electric motocrosser that can ‘grow’ with a child. The 12eDRIVE is the ideal starter for youngsters, typically between 3-5 years. Featuring 12” wheels with pneumatic tyres and a low 33cm seat height, it allows riders to learn to push or coast with confidence before graduating to the 3-level powered mode. It weighs less than 8kg, boasts an aluminum frame and BMX style forks.
The 16eDRIVE is the clear choice for slightly taller riders or those with more ‘miles’, perhaps for an age range of 4-8 years or a 45-61 inseam measurement.
The bike has a high-output motor that is slightly more powerful than its smaller brother. It is fitted with larger 16” wheels and provides an increased 43cm seat height.
Both models offer quick charging and roughly 30-60 minutes of run-time, along with hours of hand-eye coordination and outdoor exercise. Kids can also appreciate the freedom and empowerment of a throttle. Light, portable, robust, intuitive and ‘race-styled’, both bikes are essential appetisers ahead of the wide possibilities and competitive potential offered by the KTM SX-E 5.
- Sturdy, lightweight aluminum frame > easy for children to pick up and handle
- Three progressive power modes > first experience of powered speed
- Safe, thermally protected 20V battery > 30-60 minutes’ run time and 45-60 minutes’ charging time
- 33cm and 43cm seat heights > age ranges from 3 to 8
- Steel, BMX-style forks, BMX-styled chain and freewheel
- Multi-functional throttle with ride mode display and battery level
- Race Replica aesthetic with tapered footrests and ergonomics
KTM FACTORY REPLICA STACYC 12eDRIVE and 16eDRIVE electric balance bikes are available at authorised KTM dealers from February, 2021 onwards.