If you are on the lookout for a new lightweight backpacking tent for your next biking adventure this summer, one that oozes style and function without losing out on performance, then check out the latest models from Kelty.
Easy to pitch with spacious interiors and plenty of headroom, Kelty’s 3-season tent range features lightweight aluminium poles and pegs and tough performance lightweight nylon inners and flysheets. To aid pitching, and unique to Kelty, is the ‘Quick Corners Construction’ – a sleeve at each corner of the tent secures the end of the pole whilst pitching and prevents it from jumping out of place. This simple innovation ensures fast and easy pitching by one person. Finally, Kelty’s ‘Shark Mouth’ stuff sack across all models allows easy storage of the tent when dismantling at the end of the trip.
The Late Start at £170 (2.04kg) makes camping easy and simple to get started, from Kelty Quick Corner technology for lightning-fast set up in any weather (or in the dark), to pre-bent poles for larger living space.
- Rugged and roomy design for 1P, 2P or 4P
- 1-door, 1-vestible design
- Full coverage waterproof rain fly
- Big-time interior living space created with pre-bent poles
- Available in 1, 2 or 4-person models
The Wireless 2-person at £140 (3.3kg) includes some unique features for ease of pitching. Available in 2, 4 or 6-person versions and vibrant eye-catching colour combinations, the Wireless model is of a simple freestanding functional dome design with two doors and two vestibule storage areas. The Wireless range provides complete 3-season protection against the elements with full coverage fly sheets and the upper area of the inner tent constructed from mesh to provide maximum ventilation and improve air circulation.
- Kelty Quick Corners for quick and easy set up
- EZ-Zip vestibule with fully taped seams
- Two-vestibule construction for additional storage space
- Night light pocket
- Shark Mouth duffel for easy pack-up and cross-body transport
- Fibreglass poles
The Dirt Motel 2-person at £280 is compact and lightweight (2.2kg) and features an ultra-spacious interior, plus a compact aluminium pole set for easy packing and lightning-fast set up. The Kelty Stargazing Fly, which can be opened and closed from inside the tent, provides a great opportunity to see the sky at night.
- Open-feeling 2-door, 2-vestibule design with tons of storage
- Lightweight yet durable Sil-Nylon fabric construction
- Easy, sturdy DAC Pressfit hubbed pole set, plus brow pole
- Oversized doors and super-spacious interior
- Available in 2, 3 or 4-person models
- 68D Polyester, 1800mm / 40D No-see-um Mesh tent wall fabric
The All Inn 3-person at £370 (2.26kg) is Kelty’s premier backpacking tent and is designed to offer the best of both worlds. Featuring durable, yet lightweight Sil-Nylon fabric and innovative design, features including clever ventilation holes and vertical walls, it’s spacious enough that it feels like an actual hotel room.
- Amazing living space with great vertical + outward leaning walls
- Genius visor for increased ventilation + reduced condensation
- Lightweight & sturdy DAC Pressfit hubbed pole set, plus brow pole
- Unique door configuration with front and side door options
- Three doors, two vestibles
- Lightweight yet durable Sil-Nylon fabric
- Available in 2 or 3 person models
Main image | Courtesy Scozzy from Pixabay
For more information on Kelty visit www.kelty.com